Have you ever been to a job fair and saw people that you knew wouldn’t get any of the jobs there. Rather you want to admit it or not, I’m sure you have. Below are 10 tips to help you at a job fair. I want you to have the best chance to get hired.
1. Make sure you dress business casual.
2. No jeans or shorts. You would be surprised at the amount of times I’ve saw people wearing jeans at a job fair.
3. Make sure that your clothes match.
4. Make sure that you take the time to iron your clothes. You want to look your best to perspective employers.
5. Make sure that you tuck in your shirt if you are a male.
6. Bring at least 10 copies of your resume with you.
7. Turn your cell phone on silent or turn it off. Don’t be that person talking to an employer and you’re interrupted because your Rocko “U.O.E.N.O.” ringtone starts blasting.
8. Don’t come in with crazy hair styles. Ladies please don’t have red or blue hair. That is not professional at all. Men don’t expect to get the job having a wild mohawk or something.
9. Make sure that you take the time to comb or style your hair before the job fair.
10. Men, make sure that you trim your facial hair.
These are just a few tips to help you when going to a job fair. Making sure that you do these should give you a better chance at the job than somebody who doesn’t do these.